Mar. 3/4/5 – Mar. 17/18/19
Fri-Sun: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Q & A Information Session
February 6, 5 PM – 6 PM
If you are looking to become a state-certified general contractor here in Florida, you have come to the right place! Consolidate what could take many months of studying down to just 2 weeks of review and preparation with FIU’s General Contractor Exam Review course. This is a complete review and preparation for the Business and Finance Exam and the Contract Administration and Project Management Exam. There will be a book-by-book comprehensive review of technical concepts and principles. Students will learn how to review, tab, and highlight all reference books and codes. Exam-taking strategies, skills, and techniques will be taught. The class will work on a practice exam, complete with a review and discussion of the questions and answers. Students will be taught how to approach questions, and how to solve, answer, and verify the correct answer. In addition, the class will work on test-taking methods and time efficiency.
The course will concentrate on exam questions and problem-solving. The topics addressed include:
- Business/Finance and Construction Math Problem Solving
- Fundamentals of Accounting for Construction
- Basics of Plan Reading / Quantity estimating and Costing
- Understanding of contract change orders and purchase orders.
- Means and methods of Construction and critical code review
- OSHA basics
- Basic Project Scheduling techniques.
Program Tuition and Schedule
January 6/7/8 – Business & Finance
January 20/21/22 – Trade Knowledge
Classes take place Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The course takes place over two (2) weeks with three (3) classes offered each week
Plus One year access to two-hour online Q&A webinar with the instructors every week on Wednesdays [ 4pm – 5pm Business & Finance | 5pm – 6pm Trade Knowledge]
+ One year access to two-hour online Q&A webinar with the instructors every week
(Books sold separately)
- Prepare with an experienced instructor who will give you all the tools you need to pass the first time
- With focused lectures and exam strategies, you will enhance your knowledge
- Small in person class format with personalized attention
Please visit the DBPR Florida website to read the construction industry FAQs.